Hatchery Manager position at Tropo Farms in Ghana
Tropo Farms is looking for a capable and experienced Hatchery Manager to join its Ghana team. A suitable candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Minimum education: BS/BA in Sciences field; or AA in the Sciences field.
- Minimum of five years demonstrated experience and success rearing finfish at a managerial level and on a commercial scale. Specific knowledge and experience with tilapia would be advantageous.
- Hatchery experience should include all aspects of rearing finfish including broodstock management and conditioning, fry stocking and harvest fingerlings.
- Able to lead large teams of different departments including technical and logistics activities.
- Planning and schedule production activities.
- Data collection and reporting.
- Knowledge of recirculation system components and live fish transport operations.
- Dynamic, highly motivated fish culturist with excellent management skills and willingness to work long hours as needed.
- Responsible and hardworking individual with the ability to work both independently and as part of a Team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
Hatchery Manager will play a key role in ensuring the smooth operation of the day-to-day activities at our hatchery facility in Anyaase. The Hatchery Manager will report to the Hatchery Director and ensure a production of 2 million SR fry per week.
In tandem with the Hatchery Director, the Hatchery Manager is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of personnel management and fish husbandry at the hatchery leading to an efficient rearing program. Manage all aspects of fish production, from broodstock to harvest and transport fingerlings to nursery cages. Manage hatchery employees including interviewing and selection, training, scheduling, supervising, and evaluating. Ensure that accurate records are kept, and protocols are updated regularly. Manage the flow of resources (people, fish, feed, water) through the aquaculture facility. Ensure that all systems are properly maintained and monitored at all times. Monitor workers and operations to ensure correct procedures are being performed. Help design systems as appropriate.
Ideally, the candidate will also have experience of working in a rural environment within a developing country. In cases without developing country experience, candidate must demonstrate a strong willingness and desire to relocate to Ghana.
Please send your resume plus cover letter in either Word or PDF format to email@example.com
Closing date: Monday, August 14, 2017